20 December 2013

Cheek to cheek

Because we were always long-distance, the only opportunity we had to practise our wedding dance was when we were in Singapore waiting for my visa to arrive. It was too last minute to sign up for dance classes so we decided to rehearse in our hotel room. 

Andrew had Frank Sinatra on Pandora and we were deciding between "Fly me to the moon" or "Come fly with me", but for some reason I really wanted "Cheek to cheek". In my mind, he was the Fred Astaire to my Ginger Rogers and we would look like this-

Unfortunately Andrew complained that I bopped too much and it wasn't long before we dissolved into fits of giggles and gave up. 

Thankfully on the actual day, we had a professional emcee and deejay and the most amazing wedding guests who got on their feet and boogied the afternoon away. No one seemed to notice that I have two left feet, or maybe they were being nice to the bride.

"The music was hot!" my mother enthused after the wedding. I had never seen her dance before, so it was great to see her having such a wonderful time. (But I am still not sure about her using the word 'hot'.)


Wedding photography by Brian Calabrese Photography

2 comments:

  1. We are planning to rejoice my brother’s wedding party, but don’t know any good location. Please give advice on best rooftop bar nyc for our get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.
    wedding photography in san diego

    ReplyDelete