14 December 2013

With gratitude

If I could sum up in one word how I felt on our wedding day, it would be gratitude.

The frantic running around trying to sort out my visa issues, the increasing possibility of postponing the wedding compounded by the fact that most of our out-of-town wedding guests had already flown in to New York while we were living out of our suitcases in Singapore wondering when my passport would be returned... 

Andrew was amazing. He dropped everything and flew in to Singapore to be with me. He had told everyone he was returning with his bride and he wasn't going back on his word. Even writing about it now brings tears to my eyes, because this man loves me so much it's incredible.

Despite all the craziness happening around us, I was also filled with a deep immovable sense of peace. God was in control and His ways were higher than our ways. We cried, we laughed, we prayed and we waited. 

Three days before the wedding, my passport was finally ready and we literally took the next flight out. After twenty-four hours in the air, we were welcomed by a cheering mob of family who stood at the Arrival Hall waving handmade signs declaring their love and support. 

We are so, so blessed!

Wedding photography by Brian Calabrese Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment