31 December 2013

What a year it has been

2013 has been an incredible year...

- We put in an application for my fiance visa early January (which was approved literally 3 days before the wedding in October).
- Andrew experienced his first Chinese New Year with my extended family (and his last collecting angbaos).
- We climbed a lot of spiral staircases in Paris and had our engagement photoshoot in cold, cold weather.
- We held our Chinese tea ceremony and lunch in June and my father-in-law flew all the way to Singapore for a weekend!
- We hung out with my friends in Hong Kong and visited a lot of rooftop bars.
- I left my teaching job so that I could prepare for my move to New York.
- We flew my family in to New York for the wedding and the Tans and Savinos met for the first time.
- We got married on a beautiful autumn day in Long Island surrounded by our family and friends.
- We settled into our cosy lovenest in Midtown and started our Eating through the Alphabet adventure.
- We celebrated our first Thanksgiving and Christmas as newlyweds!


We are so grateful for His blessings and the love and support of everyone around us and cannot wait for what 2014 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment